2. Larger NA: 0.01-0.12 (When using 1.00x Auxiliary Lens)
3. Higher resolution: 27.5um-2.3um (When using 1.00x Auxiliary Lens)
4. Larger field of view: 1.5mm-60mm (Object plane)
5. Larger sensor size: 2/3” (When using 1.00x TV Lens)
6. Working distance range: 86mm-174mm
7. With adjustable BFL, parfocal in zoom range
8. With adjustable center, the image center remains unchanged from 8.0x to 0.4x
9. Compatible with infinity objectives (both biological and metallographic)
10. Compact size: 194 mm (length) × 40 mm (diameter)
11. Auxiliary Lens with 0.50x, 0.75x, 1.00x magnification (Optional)
12. TV Lens with 0.50x, 0.75x, 1.00x magnification (Optional)
13. Brightness adjustable LED Direct Ring Light (Optional)
14. Brightness adjustable LED Direct Ring Polarization Light (Optional)
15. Brightness adjustable LED coaxial illumination (Optional)
16. LED Transmissive Light (Optional)
17. 45mm or 50mm Bracket Adapter (Optional)
QZ480P Series Monocular Zoom Objective, with Parallel Light Path
QZ480P series Monocular Zoom Objective is an ideal choice for machine vision, industrial inspection, scientific research and education. The design is based on the bilateral parallel light path principle and the modular design concept, with superior optical performance and strong compatibility.
The Five Basic Modules of QZ480P Series
The modular design of QZ480P series monocular zoom objective is showed in Figure below. The design consists of five basic modules, including Middle Zoom Module, Auxiliary Lens Module, TV Lens Module, Bracket Adapter Module and Optional Module.
QZ480P Main Body includes Auxiliary Lens Module, Middle Zoom Module, TV Lens, Camera Adapter Tube and Bracket Adapter
1. Middle Zoom Module
The Middle Zoom Module, which is the main body of QZ480P series monocular zoom objective. QZ480P represents the code of Middle Zoom Module and letter a represents the auxiliary code of Middle Zoom Module. Details are listed in Table below:
The order number and function of the Middle Zoom Module
Ordinary Middle Zoom Module
Middle Zoom Module with detent to fix the magnification function
2. Auxiliary Lens Module
The replaceable Auxiliary Lens, which can be threaded to the bottom of the middle zoom module. Different magnification of Auxiliary Lens defines the entire magnification of QZ480P series monocular zoom objective, resulting different working distance as well. For example, W3100 Auxiliary Lens with 1.00x magnification reaches 86mm working distance, while W3050 Auxiliary Lens will have a reduced magnification to half and the working distance will be extended to about 174mm. Auxiliary Lens and its corresponding optical parameters for QZ480P are shown in table below:
The order number and optical parameters of Auxiliary Lens
Note: The same Auxiliary Lens with different TV lens is just used to adapt to different size image sensor, which will not have much impact on the field of view of the monocular zoom objective
3. TV Lens
The TV Lens, which can be threaded to the top of the Middle Zoom Module. TV Lens with different magnification is used to adapt to sensors with different size . For example, the same field of view could be obtained when V3100 is used with a 2/3” size sensor and V3050 is used with a 1/3” size sensor. TV Lens and its corresponding optical parameters are shown in Table below:
The order number and optical parameters of TV Lens
The maximum compatible sensor size
Note: Smaller image sensors can also be used for TV Lens with higher magnification, but in this way, the FOV of monocular zoom objective will be reduced.
4. Bracket Adapter
Bracket Adapter used for brackets with different mounting apertures and is sheathed in the middle of monocular zoom objective. There are two adapter available: A50 and A45. The installation method of the bracket adapter and bracket is shown in Figure below:
5. The Optional Module
The optional modules include LED Direct Ring Light Module (including LED Direct Ring Light Module and LED Direct Ring Polarization Light Module) and Coaxial Light Module (composed of Coaxial Light Adapter and LED Spot Light). The currently possible samples are shown in Table below:
The Optional Module: Light source module for QZ480P series Monocular Zoom Objective
Coaxial Light Module
Coaxial Light Adapter + LED Spot Light
LED Direct Ring Light Module
LED Direct Ring Light（65mm outer diameter）
LED Direct Ring Light（85mm outer diameter）
LED Direct Ring Polarization Light
Transmissive Light Module
LED Transmissive Light
Power of light source
US:POWER-U-12V1A(Power Adapter American Standard)
DE: POWER-E-12V1A(Power Adapter European standard
Configuration of QZ480P Series Monocular Zoom Objective
The Dimension of QZ480P Series Monocular Zoom Objective with Different Light Module
How to Configure QZ480P Series Monocular Zoom Objective
The corresponding parameters of QZ480P series monocular zoom objectives are listed in Table below. A specific combination can be determined according to the following steps:
1. Confirm the possible range of
a) FOV and
b) Working Distance in the object space to choose the Auxiliary Lens.
2. Choose the M26x0.705 to M20x0.705 Objective Adapter, if the M20x0.705 infinity objective is used.
3. Confirm the camera Image Area Size, it can be
a) Sensor Size (1/x in inch),
b) Image Diagonal Length,
c) Image Width or
d) Image Height to choose the right TV Lens.
4. Choose the 45mm or 50 mm adapter according to the diameter of the bracket hole diameter .
5. Choose the LED Direct Ring Light Module for the reflective illumination.
6. Choose the Coaxial Light Module if coaxial illumination is required.
7. Choose the Transmissive Light Module if transmissive illumination is required.
8. Choose the Camera Module. We offer a variety of microscope cameras. Customers could get the detailed information of our cameras on the official website (https://www.nbicoe.com)
Model List of QZ480P Series with Different Auxiliary Lens and TV Lens
The combinations of different the Auxiliary Lens, The Middle Zoom Module and the TV Lens. With this figure, user can configure Monocular Zoom Objective with different magnification to fit different sensor and different application.
Middle Zoom Module+Auxiliary Lens+TV Lens
QZ480P zoom module + 0.5x auxiliary lens+0.5x TV lens
QZ480P zoom module + 0.75x auxiliary lens+0.5x TV lens
QZ480P zoom module + 1x auxiliary lens+0.5x TV lens
QZ480P zoom module + 0.5x auxiliary lens+0.75x TV lens
QZ480P zoom module + 0.75x auxiliary lens+0.75x TV lens
QZ480P zoom module + 1x auxiliary lens+0.75x TV lens
QZ480P zoom module + 0.5x auxiliary lens+1x TV lens
QZ480P zoom module + 0.75x auxiliary lens+1x TV lens
QZ480P zoom module + 1x auxiliary lens+1x TV lens
Notices: 1). In above table, the type of middle zoom module is not specified which can be QZ460P, QZ460PD; 2).In above table, the bracket adapter module is not specified which can be A50 or A45